Saturday, January 28, 2006

Things are Good

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I posted. I've been putting off some surgery for myself and had it this week. I'm doing fine but am quite tired. It'll be about 10 days until I can drive and probably a couple of months before I have my old energy back. Adrienne has been calling me twice a day to make sure I'm okay since she's used to being the patient and wants to help.

Adrienne is doing well at school, getting into the swing of things again. She's met people in her new dorm and so far, her classes don't seem too difficult, even second semester of college Calculus. Spanish is going well too even though it's been awhile since she took it. She seems to enjoy her dance class learning the Cha Cha first. There are students from all of the Claremont colleges and they switch partners frequently so it's a good opportunity to meet people.

We've decided to get another opinion on her cardiac function. I wrote to a doctor in Miami who is one of the foremost experts on treatment-related cardiac damage in children and he even questions the diagnosis of dilated cardiomyopathy and suggests Adrienne might have restrictive cardiomyopathy. These are two very different diseases. The new consult is on February 17, when we'll be down south for Parent's Weekend at CMC, but it will probably take a few weeks of testing to figure this all out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Adrienne, your will and strength are very inspiring and amazing.

Keep up the good fight.