Friday, August 18, 2006

Adrienne's Birthday

Today is Adrienne's 19th birthday. I can hardly believe it, mostly because I can't imagine that I have a 19 year old daughter and a son who will be 18 tomorrow. I really don't feel that old.

We don't have much news to report. I sent a CD with Adrienne's scans to City of Hope last Friday and they somehow misplaced it. They found it yesterday and are now discussing next steps. We'll see Adrienne's oncologist next Friday as we head back to Claremont McKenna. Adrienne will also see her cardiologist that day. We're very pleased that her cardiac function has improved and that the side effects of the meds are almost nonexistent. Hopefully we'll have a plan for managing her Hodgkin's Disease after that visit. Adrienne is feeling fine but this whole thing weighs heavily on all of us. I can only imagine a day when none of us has to worry about cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Adrienne, two days late. I hope that you had a day where you got everything you wanted and cake, too.

Thinking about you on this journey as always.

Karen, Clare's mom