Friday, September 01, 2006

Not Much News

Curt and I are going to take a few days off and drive to Sedona and Santa Fe. Since we haven't spent much time in the southwest, we thought it would be a nice way to see some scenery, eat some good food, and shop for knick knacks for the house. It also helps us avoid the airport.

I spoke to my sister last night who just returned from Europe. They landed in London the morning of the arrests and spent an hour on the tarmac waiting for a gate. On the following Sunday, they were supposed to fly on British Airways to Copenhagen for a cruise in the Baltic Sea. British Airways wasn't answering their phones and the police wouldn't even let people into the airport. Needless to say, they never made it to Copenhagen and wound up meeting the ship two days later in Stockholm with the help of trains and flights on another airline.

Adrienne started classes this week and is settling in nicely. She is really happy that she doesn't have Friday classes this semester. Next week, she starts her job as an intern with the Kravis Leadership Institute as well as a yoga class. Her cardiologist at LPCH didn't want her to do yoga but her current cardiologist says it's fine as long as she doesn't overdo it. Adrienne is the least flexible person I've ever seen so hopefully the yoga will help her become more "bendy." This weekend is the big "601" party where dry week ends at 6:01 pm on Saturday. Adrienne and her friends are really looking forward to it. Don't you miss those college days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Adrienne feels well enough for any type of party, but the 6:01 party sounds fabulous. I occasionally do miss my college days (Penn State), but I did recently have dinner with several pals from school. I have found that the friends I made at college hold a very special place no matter how far away we live now, or where our lives have taken us.

I hope that the medical side of Adrienne's life doesn't slow her down at all this semester. Thanks for checking in on us, and know that I check in often.

Karen, Clare's mom