Monday, July 21, 2008

Back on Track

Adrienne started cycle 2 of the Vidaza/MGCD today and is feeling fine afterwards. After just three Neupogen shots last week, her white blood count was more than 19,000. I asked if there had been a mistake earlier in the week but, apparently, someone with healthy bone marrow will respond this way to the Neupogen shots. Yeah for Daniel's marrow, which is much healthier than Adrienne's ever was. Adrienne sees the neurologist tomorrow so hopefully we can start to get to the bottom of the weakness in her right thigh. The foot is healing slower than we hoped but she is getting around quite well in the boot.

I've been having trouble with my shoulder for some time and will have rotator cuff surgery in September. I wanted to wait until Adrienne goes back to school so I can get her settled in before I lose the use of my arm. I'll be glad when the rehab is done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Adrienne could get started . . . that Neupogen is something else. Here's to low side effects and a quick turnaround on the results you want.

Good luck with the shoulder . . . ouch.

Karen, Clare's mom

katmm said...

Ah sorry to hear of the rotator cuff problema and pending surgery -- if it's not one thing, it's another.

I am happy to hear that Adrienne responds so well to the G-CSF. Certainly encouraging for me to hear how Daniel's bone marrow is making a difference for Adrienne today.

Hang in there!
Kathy