Monday, June 06, 2011

Back Home

Curt and I returned from our trip last week. It was wonderful (of course) but the jet lag really knocked us out. We returned to find a package with a book that Adrienne worked on at CMC, and it was dedicated to her. I knew it was coming but I was happy to receive it and to hear from her prof. CMC also created a plaque in her honor and placed it in the reading room that she frequented there. She loved being at CMC and I'm glad that she was able to have that.

I start class again tonight with a 5 week, 3 night a week class, very quick and intense. Then I start work on my thesis/dissertation. I've decided to do my research into cyberbullying because I believe that this is a real and important health issue that needs attention and real-world solutions. We'll see where this takes me.

I want to offer a shout and support to my "moms," women like me with a child fighting Hodgkin's or who have lost a child to this disease. I wish we didn't have this little club but I'm glad that we can support and help each other. I love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,

The book and plaque sound wonderful--it makes me smile to hear that Adrienne continues to be honored for her achievements!

Congrats on the school program. Cyberbullying (and bullying in general) have become big issues with law enforcement agencies, schools, and other organizations (I've read about/freelance written a little on the topic). There are a lot of resources online nowdays. Hope you are doing well, Hugs, Janet

Loraine Ritchey said...

Iam so pleased for you re the book and plaque- we have been abble to give back through a scholarship in my son's name and people have been wonderful
http://thatwoman.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/cleveland-institute-of-art-a-journey-continues-christopher-d-ritchey/

- but........ I am not the person I was or will ever be again and I hate being in this club.... I miss my son even more as reality has set in..... I think of you even though we have never met...Loraine

Anonymous said...

Still thinking of you. The hodge board misses Adrienne's wit and advice.

Michael