Monday, May 16, 2005

Dress for Prom

On Friday, after several frustrating days of shopping, we found a gorgeous dress for Adrienne's prom. It's a satin material in a fuschia color, very dramatic. Adrienne had a group over yesterday to work on a school project. The girls all talked about their dresses, and it was nice to see Adrienne join in. We have a few accessories to get including shoes and a clutch purse, but are pretty much ready to go. We'll be sure to get lots of pictures before the big event on Memorial Day weekend.

Medically, things have been fairly uneventful. Adrienne had a few hives on Saturday morning and nothing since. She has been feeling better than usual after her chemo. We never know how she'll feel from one treatment to the next. Sometimes she feels crummy for days and other times she feels normal after just a day or two. It makes it hard to plan.

I am putting together a "memory board" for Adrienne's graduation and was going through her school papers last night looking for cute and interesting things. I ran across a letter she wrote in 1st grade that's just precious, but also a little sad. Here's the text of it (spelling errors and all):

Dear Santa (or mommy),

For Christmas I would like a baby tumbles saprise and kitty kitty kitten. Those are the basic things I would like. Love, Adrienne

P.S. I know there is no Santa Claus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dress sounds beautiful! I'm sure Adrienne will be gorgeous. Best of fun for the prom evening! Thanks for the continued updates!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I had a fabulous time walking with the 2 of you on Saturday? It was one of the best walks I have had this season! Adrienne, I expect to see pics of you and that dress! Thanks so much to your mom for sending me the link to the blogs. And thank you so very much for your sweet, sincere comment about walking with me. I am honored to get to know you. Here's to movies, dogs, and good times!!!! Ciao. Nancy