Monday, October 24, 2005

Almost Done

Adrienne has just three more radiation treatments to go, and none too soon. She seems to go from one annoying, painful side effect to another. Last week, her throat was very sore and she had a cough. Now her skin feels like it's sunburnt though nothing is visible. Long term, she will probably lose her thyroid function, but that is easily replaced by a daily supplement. She really can't wait for this to all be over so she can get back to a somewhat normal schedule.

Yesterday, I did the Nike Women's Marathon (the 1/2) in San Francisco with perfect marathon weather. I took this season off of TNT because of Adrienne's treatments and I've been trying to spend more time with Daniel. I enjoyed seeing lots of familiar faces and old friends. There were so many TNTers from across the country. I was a bit sad that Adrienne wasn't there since we did the event together last year, and I'm always sad to see so many people still suffering from these awful diseases. It's inspiring, though, to see all the fundraising, hard work, and dedication from so many.

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

Congrats on the 1/2. I am hoping to be fully healed from my ankle probs to do the 1/2 in '06. I think it's in Hawaii. Anyway, hang in there Adrienne. I am praying for you and your continued strength.