Monday, June 11, 2007

Oops, More Tests

Last week, when I posted about Adrienne's CT, I didn't realize that I wrote down (heard) the numbers wrong. The node in her lung has in fact grown quite a bit in four weeks, from 2.6 cm to 3.3 cm (I thought the nurse said 2.3 cm), and the node in the spleen went from 2.3 cm to 2.6 cm. The doctor is wary of putting her on an aggressive treatment since she doesn't have any symptoms and we are too, but this situation makes us very nervous. Adrienne will have a PET scan next week and see the doctor in two weeks when we'll make treatment decisions. In the meantime, we are having City of Hope send CDs of her scans from the last six months. There are still a few options on the table but we need to balance the side effects with the potential benefit since every option has some chemotherapy component to it.

Adrienne is still having a ball in NYC. Last Friday, she met a bunch of Columbia students at a party at her apartment (her roomate is a Columbia student) and on Sunday, she had dinner with a whole load of cousins on my dad's side of the family. I can't believe that my Uncle Joe, my dad's brother, is 87. My dad would have been 74 in May. My cousin Andy's wife is due to have a baby in about 10 days and Adrienne is ready for some newborn babysitting. Andy and his wife, Lisa, work at Dateline at NBC and Adrienne has been promised a tour of the studios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that there has been so much change in the size of the nodes . . . I hope that the doctors can come up with a doable plan of action.

New York continues to sound wonderful, and I'm glad there is family around.