Friday, November 02, 2007

Update From Adrienne

Adrienne here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm feeling much better but still recovering. I really appreciate all the well wishes and the packages people sent. It really does brighten my day when I get something in the mail, so thank you.

For now, I'm just trying to catch up from missing mid-term week. In terms of treatment, I probably won't continue on ABT-263. My mom and I have heard that other patients have had problems with respiratory infections and liver enzymes, so it seems safest to quit while I'm ahead. The next step will be conventional chemo which I'm not looking forward to, but I'm pretty confident that chemo still works for me and will quickly put me back in remission.

6 comments:

The Reeds said...

Adrienne,
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Good luck with your midterms! Traditional chemo is not fun, but Mike said that the nausea medicines are MUCH better now and make it a little easier. Have a great weekend! April

laulausmamma said...

So glad to see you feeling better and up and around Adrienne. Sorry to hear about the dc of the trial but it sounds like it's the right decision given what you just went through this past week. When you are back in CA your mom and I will have to plan a get together of the Southern Calif group when she is visiting (Lauren and I live by Magic Mt/Valencia). Hope you have a relaxing weekend and can get caught up with all your school work. Take good care of yourself. Huge (((HUGS))) to you and your mom.

Susan

Kelly Kane said...

Good to hear an update from you, Adrienne! I've been thinking of you and your mom. Good luck with those mid-terms!! XO

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hello Adrienne,

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and that it was just yet another little bump on the road but nothing more serious.
From what I understood on the forum, the next step would be to try the HDAC inhibitor. I hope you get in that trial soon but in the meantime good luck with those mid-terms.
I'm a student, just like you, so I know how it feels !

Anonymous said...

I've missed a LOT going on by not checking in for a couple of weeks. I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I hope that your mid-term schedule still allows for recovery time.

Thinking of you here in Maryland . . .

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your midterms, Adrienne! I hope you feel totally better soon.
Love, Karen