Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Need a break

Things are quiet here now, which is a good thing. Adrienne is feeling better after a bit of a rough time following the last chemo. She comes home next week for more, but has spring break right after that so she'll have plenty of time to recuperate. Scans will be in early April. If there's more improvement, she'll do two more cycles and if they're stable, she'll stop treatment for awhile. Knowing that it's working helps a lot but this whole thing gets really old. It's hard to explain 12+ years of chemo, radiation, transplants, clinical trials, doctor's visits, scans, surgeries, and on and on. Right now, we all need a vacation.


I thought you might need a good laugh. Yes, this is Moe sleeping on the sofa.


Caesar now lets Moe get closer but he keeps a watchful eye.


Moe says "hi." And despite our best efforts, he still weighs under 4 pounds.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

And I hope you get the vacation you so very much need......with the chemo doing its job and things being stable, it must definitely be time......hope Adrienne has plans :0)
Moe is GORGEOUS!! I won't show my girls those pics though, they're still ganging up on me to get another dog in the Summer........love to you all......Vx

Unknown said...

You are all so good at the doing what needs to be done aspect of all this, and I hope there is a big vacation coming soon.

Awesome dogs, btw.

Karen, Clare's mom

laulausmamma said...

A vacation sounds great...got one planned for Spring break? I know
2+ more rounds of chemo doesn't sound like fun...but knowing it's because there is improvement will make it well worth the days of feeling lousy (easy for me to say, I know, Adrienne).
Moe is an adorable ball of fluff. I'm afraid to ask...but how is Prince?
((HUGS))
Susan

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

Hi Alison and Adrienne,

I can only imagine the frustration in the "why" of it all. I am tired of this and you guys have been plowing away at it for so much longer than we have.

May rest and reprieve come give you a big hug,
Kirsten

p.s. Moe and Caesar are adorable. My dog, Finn, (choc. lab) and my mom's dog, Jordan, (lab/shephard-cross) have a similar relationship. Jordan (being the "elder") will only let Finn touch his foot....sometimes. :)