Monday, January 11, 2010

Finding normal?

I'm not sure what normal is any more. I'm trying, but I'm not there yet. I still get up each morning and go about my day but I don't feel normal at all. People tell me I'll find a new normal. Only time will tell. The smallest thing can get me off track. Last week, it was the dentist of all things.

Getting a puppy has turned out to be a great move. Rudy has no idea what's going on and he's always just himself...funny, sweet, mischevious, well, a puppy. Last week, a part of the sprinkler broke and the mud was too much to resist. That made me laugh for quite awhile. He's too big now to lie down in Caesar's food bowl but seeing him lie down there was pretty funny too. He'll be perfect once he's fully housebroken (yes, he's been a challenge) but seeing that little tail wag just makes my day.

I wanted to extend an open invitation to any Las Vegas visitors. We love showing people around. Please send me an email if you're planning a trip this way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you tons and just want you to know that you're never far from my thoughts. <3 Karen

laulausmamma said...

YEAH for sweet little Rudy to find ways to put a smile on your face and make you giggle....bless his little wagging tail : )

Rich and I will have to plan a Las Vegas weekend sometime and come for a visit, some wine and see the sites.

U R so often in my thoughts - and always in my heart and prayers.

((HUGS)) my friend,
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I am happy that Rudy is bringing a smile to your face! He is truly a gift.

Is this your new normal? I don't know, but I do think you will continue to evolve and grow into these new circumstances.

Time doesn’t heal. It is what you do with the time, whatever that may be, that is healing.

A Mom in Texas

Unknown said...

We got a kitten two months after Clare died . . . I was too numb to arrange such a thing or even think of it, but friends arranged for us to go see a litter that needed to be adopted--you know how those things turn out.

It takes a lot to reach even keel, or that random new normal, but having a playful, funny animal around helped us a lot.

I know I've said this to you before, but grief is such hard work! Take care of yourself.

Karen, Clare's mom

Anonymous said...

HUGS, still thinking of you and praying for you. Adrienne is watching over all of us now!

Anonymous said...

HI, I have written before and we have never met.. One the things I am grateful for is the internet and blogs because it keeps me in touch with people like you. I think of you all time - you are the one stranger who pops into my head at times throughout my day and I wonder how you are doing at a particular moment. Don't fight the ups and downs, just let them come and accept them for what they are. Welcome all of your laughter as well as your tears - it is all a part of who you are. I have found healing through arts and wanted to suggest the same to you. I picked up my old hobby of photography again after many years of having a camera in storage. Whether it is writing, painting, drawing, etc - it is not about how the actual piece comes out, it is really about the self expression and the process of doing it I took a walk in the woods with my camera and did not like even one of the photos, however I had such a peaceful couple of hours in those woods and just being there in nature was so healing. Hope it helps - you are forever in my thoughts. My regret is that I never got to meet your beautiful Adrienne.

M - another suffering mom from the other coast