Monday, April 12, 2010

Sisterhood

I haven't felt much like writing lately but wanted to post a couple of URLs for you to look at. This blog post (http://thatwoman.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/the-sisterhood/) was written by another mom that lost her son to Hodgkin's around the same time that Adrienne died. It says a lot of things better than I could. As she says:

We do not walk our path by choice the journey has been cruelly thrust upon us. We do not ever want to have fellow travelers join us the way is too long and painful and the journey never-ending.

Also, I hope you'll take a minute to view Janna's fundraising page for LLS (http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/lavatri10/janna). She recently did a triathalon in Adrienne's honor. Make sure you read the post on December 17, 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving us "The Sisterhood" even though I cried reading it,everything I am feeling are in those words. We have gone through the first year of holidays and coming to the close of the first year without him but in my heart he is always there. I still awake everyday with the sinking feeling of his not being here and that sinks. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Thinking about you Alison . . . hoping you're finding the strength you need.

Karen, Clare's mom

laulausmamma said...

Hi Alison - I've read the heartfelt words of the mom who is traveling the same journey as you have the past months. I do not see the link for Janna's page...pls direct me to it.

When is your trip to Cabo? Will Bekah be joining you...hope so.

Thinking of you often with love and friendship...

((HUGS))
Susan