Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Glass is Half Full

Good news: No disease in the bone marrow. This was a big concern due to Adrienne's recent blood counts and infections. Bad news: 20% increase in the lung to 5.1 cm and 100% increase in the spleen to 6.7 cm. This is just since August, yikes. This reminds me of a time when Daniel was little, I took him to the doctor with a number of infections including impetigo and bronchial pneumonia. The doctor said he was "antibiotic deficient." I'm thinking maybe Adrienne is just chemo deficient and Friday's treatment will be just what the doctor ordered, at least we can hope.

Adrienne finished exams today (yyyyeeeaaahhh) and flies back tomorrow. She gets about 24 hours at home and then we're off to Southern California for chemo and to see her cardiologist. It's been 7 months since she saw the cardiologist but her echos in New York have been great so we aren't worried about that. I'm just hoping the chemo isn't bad and she can enjoy the holidays.

I've been a nervous wreck for a couple of days waiting for Adrienne's results. It started Sunday night with two hours sleep, last night I got five. Hopefully tonight will be a full night's sleep. The worry isn't gone but at least we know she's going to be treated very, very soon.

2 comments:

laulausmamma said...

You must be so relieved the HL isn't in the bone marrow...I know I am. Gosh - too much increase in other areas tough. Thank goodness she is starting chemo soon. Hope it doesn't knock her on her butt. Give me a call if you can while you are in So Ca...again..wish I was closer to C of H so I could spend some time with you. We will meet soon though which I an really looking forward to. My phone # is on the HL c/list. I'm off on Fri and will be home over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi alison and adrienne,

Really hope you will feel better soon :-)

Gitte in Denmark