Friday, February 29, 2008

Waiting for Clinical Trial

We're in a holding pattern now waiting for the AKT inhibitor clinical trial to come online. Apparently, just one more approval is needed from City of Hope's internal review board, which meets on March 11. Adrienne is off school the week of March 17 and would like to start the trial the following week. As usual for a trial, she'll need scans, blood work, and a bone marrow biopsy...her poor backside. I can't even count how many of these she's had over the years.

Adrienne is really enjoying her classes this semester even though she's a bit overwhelmed right now with midterms and papers. She is still absolutely committed to graduating with her class in May, 2009. Unfortunately, she had a few more falls this week and has been extremely fatigued so driving is out again for the time being. The neuropathy resolves for most people within four to six months but, obviously, we hope it doesn't last that long. Thankfully, she isn't having any pain right now and she hasn't hurt anything seriously with the falls.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Let me know if giving that internal board an offer they can't refuse might speed things up.... ;-)

Just kidding of course, but here's hoping things get taken care of quickly for you!

Steve and Suzanne

Anonymous said...

You don't know me. I was blog surfing, but I'm a graduate of one of the Claremont Colleges- Pitzer, taking many an econ class at Claremont McKenna.

Also both of my parents have battled cancer and are patients at both the City of Hope and UCLA.

My mother is a 3x cancer survivor as of January at age 81, and my father is presntly in a clinical trial at City of Hope...

I wish Adrienne & her family the very best.

Anonymous said...

I hope that the trial opens as soon as possible so you can get started. I bet you've set some sort of record on the number of tests/biopsies performed . . . hard to imagine for the rest of us.

Karen, Clare's mom

j said...

thinkin about you ladies this morn
j