Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to Normal?

What is normal anyway? Normal in our house probably isn't the same as in most houses but we're thankful for quiet days. I had surgery on my shoulder last Thursday, but as you can see, I'm typing so I'm very pleased. I've had trouble with tendonitis for several years but it all got much worse after my fall last year. We thought I needed a rotator cuff repair (if I did, I wouldn't be typing now) but I had a bad case of bursitis and impingement on the rotator cuff. There probably won't be any marathons this week but I'm thinking of doing the Las Vegas half in December. Stay tuned.

Adrienne is doing amazingly well. She starts the fourth cycle of the trial today and she took herself to the clinic for a checkup and her chemo, Vidaza. This is a very easy 10 minute infusion. Otherwise, we're working on her appetite with a new prescription for Marinol. She won't smoke or eat it but she'll take it in a pill :o) It's making her drowsy so she can't take it before every meal as prescribed but we'll try to work it in here and there. Gaining even 5 pounds would be helpful.

Adrienne seems to be enjoying school and is keeping busy with Gus. He's in his rebellious stage, not wanting to be picked up all the time, but mostly he's very lovable. His new game is barking at the other dogs and then running under the furniture where they can't catch him. It's noisy at our house but we're enjoying watching the mayhem. We think Prince had a seizure last night so we're watching him closely. He's 12 years old but, besides being gray, acts like a puppy himself. If it happens again, I'll take him in for a "senior checkup."

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well, Alison......missed your typing :)

I hope Gus grows out of the rebellious stage....our dogs never did!! Well, not until the energy levels decreased with age!

Love to you both..........Vx

laulausmamma said...

Glad to see you typing Allison...that's a good sign that you are feeling well. Hope the sx cures what ailed you!

I don't miss the puppy stage - especially the sleep loss with the crate training during the night when Dorie was a puppy. Looking forward to getting down and playing with Gus in Oct.

So glad Adrienne is feeling so well and getting around town on her own...good to hear of some "normalsy" :}

I was thinking of you this weekend when Rich and I were in Solvang and Los Olivas doing some winetasting...maybe something we can do together some time.

((HUGS))
Susan

((HUGS)) to you both