Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Quick One

I'm beat so this will be quick. Adrienne's bleeding really got out of control today and she could barely stand up this morning. Thankfully, she had an appointment with a gyn surgical oncologist first thing. He quickly ordered two units of blood, which she got today, and preop, with surgery tomorrow. Hopefully the surgery will be routine but there's a possibility that she will need a hysterectomy. We spent much of day discussing this possibility and getting used to the idea. Adrienne already has ovarian failure and her heart wouldn't support a pregnancy so this wouldn't change much, but it's still upsetting. Plus, she wants to do the least invasive procedure possible. We're doing our little trick, packing a bag, pretty much guaranteeing that she won't be staying at the hospital tomorrow night.

2 comments:

laulausmamma said...

Hoping that the problem can be taken care of easily without invasive sx. Good luck Adrienne. Sending lots of love and supportive ((HUGS)) as always.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I've got to say, I'm astounded by the runaround you ladies have been getting out there to get to this point. I mean, it's astounding enough when it happens to regular Joe Schmoe patients, but I would think that every medical building in Vegas has Alison's photo, name and a note saying "DO WHATEVER SHE SAYS!" next to their phones. I know I sure wouldn't want to get between Adrienne and Mama Bear.

As I think we're all had to say too many times, you two have been through enough already! I hope things are going great today and that everything went without a hitch. I've been regaling my parents here with tales of you two, so you've got a lot of hopes and prayers coming towards you from West Texas.

Love you two,

Brian