Monday, September 29, 2008

Scans Upcoming Again

Adrienne's bladder is worse again so we're trying to get some more tests arranged. It's possible that there's some additional injury to the bladder or it just might take more time. She's due for scans next week so we're trying to push them up to this week so she can have the cystoscopy, where they go in and look at her bladder. They say it isn't that bad and women are better about it than men. Let's hope so as she really is not looking forward to it.

She had a chest xray last week due to the shortness of breath and there's no change since the last xray, but that was when she had pneumonia. I'm not sure what that means but we're hoping for the best since pneumonia can show on an xray for a long time after symptoms have resolved. Otherwise, her breathing seems a bit better the last few days.

We saw Daniel over the weekend and he's doing fine except he really needs a haircut. :o) You'd think he'd figure out by now that he should get one before I visit. The weather was nice and we enjoyed the City Hall area, which is one of the original buildings in Santa Barbara. Daniel's dog, Herbert (named after my dad), are doing well. Gus is doing fine too.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Sorry that Adrienne's bladder is giving her trouble. Hope you can get those scans moved forward so that whatever it is can get treated and resolved.

Thinking of you both........Vx

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

I had a cystoscopy several years ago. It wasn't painful, just slightly uncomfortable. Definitely not as bad as the BMB. Like the BMB, however, I think it probably depends on who does it. If the doctor is gentle, it shouldn't be bad at all.

Hope Adrienne feels better. Tell Daniel to keep that hair out of his eyes!

Hugs, Janet

Anonymous said...

I hope these latest lung and bladder issues resolve soon. Not a test to look forward to, but I hope it brings some answers.

Parents and hair! It's the universal touchpoint, I think. My mom itches to fix my hair when we're together, and I'm in my forties!.

Take care,

Karen, Clare's mom