Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Guess I'm a home body

I was in the Bay Area for almost 2 weeks working. It was nice to visit everyone and catch up, and also to visit the cemetary and find freshly planted grass. But, it was nice to get home too. I'm one of those people that likes being home with all the comforts that brings. I've been catching up on chores and fixing things that were neglected the last year. I've even done some fixing up and decorating in Adrienne's room. I hope she'd like what I've done.

We were supposed to go to a Compassionate Friends meeting tonight but it was postponed because of Veteran's Day. It's getting a little easier for me to talk about things but I still dread running into people I haven't seen for a long time and getting asked, "How's your daughter?" That's a sure way to bring me to tears.

I guess 2 dogs wasn't enough so we decided to add another one. Don't worry...that's it for awhile. Adrienne always wanted another toy poodle so we got Rudy last Friday. He's a black and white parti like Moe but will be a bit bigger. The size difference doesn't seem to bother them and they play as much as they can or at least until it's nap time again. Caesar mostly watches as his arthritis has gotten really bad since the weather cooled off and he can't do the 3 mile walk with me in the mornings. No worries, Moe's always ready for a walk. Here's the 3 of them with Rudy closest to the camera.



And here's Rudy on his own. I know, he looks just like Moe with a tail.

12 comments:

KK said...

He's awfully cute!

Anastasia said...

What a cutie! I love dogs, and little dogs are especially fun for cuddling. :) My mom has four, if you count my lil yorkie pup, Pooka. :) Dogs are great company.

Karen T. (keltik) said...

we just lost our dog on halloween to lyme disease...I love seeing your dogs, a reminder that life goes on...but I think next time we get a cat lol. HUGS Allison, my thoughts are always with you.

Sandy Corso said...

Awwww.. HOW CUTE, Alison!
Little by little.... ;-)
BIG hugs to you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

((((Alison))))

Thinking of you <3 I am so glad youve gotten another so cute little dog!

Gitte

Anonymous said...

Alison,

Rudy is adorable! I bet Moe is very excited to have a new playmate. And there's nothing like a puppy to make everyone SMILE.

Thinking of you!

A Mom (in Texas)

Bonnie said...

Adorable! :)

laulausmamma said...

Welcome to the family Rudy...such a cutie like Moe.
I won't tell Rich and Lauren you now have 3 dogs - they'll start pestering me again to add a 2nd to our family ; ) I think Dorie likes being an only dog.
Katie and Kyle got married on Sat, 11/7. I'll send you the link for some pics. It was a wonderful weekend...lucky for me a cold held off until we were on our way home from Fresno on Sunday afternoon.
Glad you are finding projects to keep you busy...I have lots here if you run out at your house.

Thinking of you more often than you know. Sending loving ((HUGS)) as always my friend.

Susan

B. said...

Alison,

Goodness they are cute. Ceaser doesn't seemed very phased though ;)

Dr. O said to give you a big hello as soon as I speak to you..

Thinking of you lots,
Sending you love,

B

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh...A Moe Mini-Me! How adorable! I'm glad to hear the two younger guys have eager playmates in each other. As for Caesar, bless his heart. I can identify with creaky joints and encroaching arthritis. My Buddy is getting slower, too, but he's still the light of my life. Thank God for puppy love.

Love to you, dear Alison.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

He's sooooo cute! I can just imagine all those sweet little doggie kisses!

Julie said...

Awww!! How adorable! I love the pics. I haven't left a note for you in a long time, but I think of you everyday.

Much love,
Julie Doll (beightler68)