Sunday, October 24, 2010

From Me - At Adrienne's Unveiling

Thank you everyone for coming today to honor and remember Adrienne. As most of you know, Adrienne and I were more than just mother and daughter. We were best friends. Though it’s been a year since she died, the hole I feel is just as deep and raw as it was a year ago. Now Adrienne would be the first to tell me how silly I am, but I can’t help how I feel.

I know she touched many people by how she lived her life, trying never to let cancer define her or stop her from living to the fullest. She was a large part of the lymphoma forum and they recently did a memorial for her. As Michael said, “In a hundred years or so, maybe someone will be doing a study of our civilization and will run across this board. And they will wonder, "Who is this Adrienne person? She must have been someone special to have touched and inspired so many." Yes, she was special and for me, she will always be beautiful and perfect.

7 comments:

B. said...

I've been thinking of you all day. Wishing I could wrap you up in tons of Adrienne's hugs...

Michael was and is dead on. And once again, I believe that A and YOU touch and change and better more lives than you two will ever know.

Love you Alison...

Big, big hugs,

B

ThatGirlRuns said...

Alison

I did not realize there would be an opportunity to have the Rabbi say something I wrote in honor of Adrienne last Sunday and I did not trust myself just speaking without preparing.

http://www.thatgirlruns.com/3124/forever-22/

http://www.thatgirlruns.com/3269/its-been-a-year/

Christina

Tania said...

Hi Alison

I am from India. I have read about Adrienne for so many years. I remember her so many times though i have never met her. Remember her with love and get on with your life, she will love you for that. I would wish the same for my mom

love
Tania

Tania said...

U shdnt have died Adrienne
U shd have fought on and on and on

ThatGirlRuns said...

And another

http://www.thatgirlruns.com/3339/unveiled/

Btw, whenever I write about her I post it to her FB page which has been memorialized so it will always exist even though it's idle.

C

Anonymous said...

Beautiful indeed, in every way. Team A will always be a huge influence on all who have crossed your path. My family, very much included.
Love & big hugs to one of the strongest, inspiring, helpful and caring families I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know.
XO Maureen

Anonymous said...

adrienne
if you are listening- thanks to you and your mom for lighting the path that helped bekah hit remission this week. there are not adequate words to express our gratitude.

darlene
bekah's mom