Monday, June 12, 2006

First Treatment

Adrienne had her first treatment today and it went just fine. She doesn't have any nausea, which is great. She will be getting 15 treatments of 240 cGy each day for a total of 36 Gy. This is the same dose as she got for her neck last fall but over a shorter period of time. The area being treated is actually quite small so she can tolerate the higher dose each day. We are happy that she will be able to finish before we go to Spain.

Adrienne is feeling much better overall. Her sinuses are feeling better and she's over the side effects from her immunizations. We even did a little shopping at the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale after her treatment.

We are busy getting ready for the move. Curt's company is packing and moving us so the big project, as Adrienne says, is "editing." We've accumulated so much stuff over 14 years in this house. We'd like to start with a lot of new furniture so we are selling much of what we have here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you so much, and I hope that treatment is going well. I just can't believe you have to do it again--what calm resolve comes through these posts is so impressive.

I hope the move isn't too awful--I'm absolutely manic when it comes to moving.

Hope this goes through--I'm frustrated with blogger as I posted after you got the biopsy report, yet the comment doesn't show now.

Wishing you peace and strength.

Karen, Clare's mom
ardenjunk@mac.com