Thursday, June 22, 2006

Very Tired

Adrienne's radiation is going very well, right on schedule. She has been incredibly tired but otherwise is doing fine. Her skin is a bit tan where she is being radiated so she puts lotion on daily. The hip pain seems better already but, touch wood, it's a bit too early to be sure it's gone.

I've actually been gone for a couple of days down to Las Vegas to sign the final papers on the house. We did a walkthrough Tuesday morning and just before, I thought, "what if I don't like the house?" It occurred to me that I had really only been there once. Luckily, I still love it. We're having fun buying some new furniture while being totally stressed trying to move out of our house here in California, all while trying to work. It's amazing how much junk you can accumulate in 14 years living in the same house.

We've had some trouble lately with our Internet connection. Our provider, Earthlink, seems to have a problem understanding dates so they turned us off too early. Some of our bills and even water have arrived at the new house despite our being clear about our move dates. I don't recall having these problems with past moves but it has been 14 years. Ah well, it'll be over before you know it.

Save the date: we are planning a housewarming party and re-marriage (yes, a tacky Vegas wedding) on October 14. Should be fun.

No comments: