Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's a New Day

I'm not usually the sentimental or spiritual type but we're all praying that today starts a new beginning for Adrienne. She finally got the new clinical trial drug and is feeling no ill effects, not even nausea. It took a bit longer to get started than we thought because of the need for approvals at all levels of Columbia and the drug manufacturer, but we finally got there. To her disappointment, she's going to miss the opening of the new Harry Potter movie tonight, but I'm sure she'll have another chance. As I said, I'm just glad she's feeling well and is in good spirits.

I seem to be on a minor run of bad luck that I hope is done now. Last week, I fell down some dark steps onto concrete with a glass in my hand. Part of the glass wound up in my hand, and I have a small break. I had surgery yesterday to remove four pieces of glass so I should be on the mend soon. My fingers look like sausages but this too shall pass. It's all small compared to what Adrienne deals with every day.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We're now in the midst of the hottest days here in Las Vegas. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

No comments: