Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Second Treatment Done

Adrienne had her second treatment of the new drug yesterday. With the port, things went much smoother but she was still there all day. In fact, she fell asleep late in the day and by the time she woke up, the clinical trial coordinator was gone and her port was still hooked up. After paging the coordinator twice (with no answer), she decided to find a nurse and get "disconnected." She woke up with a headache this morning and was running low grade fevers by the afternoon. Hopefully this will all last a day or two like last time and she'll be feeling better for the weekend. I found out that she won't have scans until the end of August so it will be awhile until we know if this drug is working.

I added a link to Adrienne's history in the Links list. If you'd like me to add anything or write about something else, let me know. I figured out how to use Google documents to add pages and links to the blog.

I got my stitches out last week and the hand is healing just fine. I still can't do everything but at least I can take a shower and brush my teeth now.

No comments: