Thursday, October 25, 2007

Not Sure What's Up

THURSDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE: I just spoke with the NP. If Adrienne isn't better tomorrow, they're going to admit her and run more extensive tests. This is definitely not what we wanted to hear but I'm sure we'll feel safer with her there.

-------------------------------
Adrienne is no better today. The docs had expected the antibiotics to kick in by now but no luck. In addition to a persistent fever, she has a very sore throat, some large lymph nodes in her neck, and diarrhea. The antibiotics she's taking should address all of those symptoms but obviously aren't working so far. She's sleeping soundly right now, which is good, and she ate a few bites of food this morning.

The NP read me the CT report over the phone. Unfortunately, there has been some progression in both the lung and spleen, though it isn't terrible, and there aren't any new nodes. The CT didn't get her neck. It's been less than a month since the last scan. Adrienne still isn't feeling well enough to take the clinical trial drug so we're in a holding pattern.

Dorm life is a bit tough for me, kids walking up and down the halls all night, stereos and TVs on full blast at 3 am. At least Adrienne is able to sleep through it all. I went to her psych class today to take notes. I'm pretty sure I was the oldest coed in the class but I did notice another man with gray hair. (No, I don't have gray hair.)

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Awww that was so nice of you to go take notes for her in class!!! You're the bestest Alison!! I hope things get better soon!

XO

Anonymous said...

Praying for her to get better soon

laulausmamma said...

Thinking of you and Adrienne often, Alison. I hope by the morning when I check in that you'll have posted that Adrienne was better overnight. Hope you are able to get some sleep....now that I know you are staying in the dorm with her. You are such a special lady - I admire your fortitude, thoughtfulness and boundless love for your family. As always - big (((HUGS)))

Susan

Anonymous said...

How are you guys? Thinking of you
Love Penny and Andrew