Thursday, November 20, 2008

Off to NY

We have plans to go to New York on December 14, seeing the doc on December 15. We got a spot at the new Hope Lodge, so that should be fun (and free). Adrienne will have scans on Monday, December 8, and we'll take the CD and report with us. I'm not sure how I feel about these scans so we'll take it a day at a time. So often it feels like our life is dictated by scans but at least they don't cause as much anxiety as they once did.

Adrienne is having intermittent pain from the kidney stone but was able to take herself to school today. The docs originally thought that it was small enough that it would pass on its own but obviously that hasn't happened. We'll just have to take it a day at a time.

Prince is home from the vet. He's moving in slow motion but seems mostly okay. The other dogs aren't quite sure what to do with him but they seem to be leaving the incisions alone. He has an enormous cone and has trouble getting through doors, which is quite funny. Earlier it sounded like a gun shot when he ran into a door frame, poor guy.

5 comments:

Veronica said...

So glad that Prince is home - I know how worried you were.

Good to know that your plan to go to NY is going to be sooner rather than later - 2009 may be the year that brings THE treatment you've been longing for.........Vx

B. said...

Hey Girls,

If you are going to be there the weekend of the 13th, I might have to come and just give you a hug.

Would it be too overwhelming to have a mini-hodge get together with some people in NY?

Thinking of you two constantly.
Adrienne -- I'm so sorry about this pain. I STILL don't know how you find the strength to get your cute butt to school during this, but you do.

And, I'm still in awe.

Sending Love,

B

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have been following your story and read lymphoma.com regularly. My daughter (10) has been diagnosed and treated for hodgkins stage 4 in Columbia. I just read that you will be there and staying at Hope Lodge- it is brand new and really nice. We would love to meet you or bring you dinner during your stay. You can email me at lorraine@jclandscapinginc.com. If nothing else we could give you the names of the best food joints around!!!!

Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Hi
My daughter has been diagnosed and treated for hodgkins at Coumbia. I have been following your story for insiration....but I have not posted on the site. We live about 30 min. from columbia and would love to bring you dinner/ snacks or whatever you need to HOPE LODGE. Pleas email me at lorraine@jclandscapinginc.com

Thanks
Lorraine

j said...

happy thanksgiving ladies
love ya
j