Monday, November 17, 2008

You won't believe this

I finally talked to Daniel about midmorning. When he heard how worried I was, he matter of factly said, "mom, the fire's out." There was a voluntary evacuation where he lives and while some people left, many stayed including Daniel and his roommate. Everything is fine and even the air is starting to clear.

My car is in the shop today so Adrienne drove herself to school. She called in the afternoon crying as she was in pain, the worst she's ever had. Curt picked her up since he works near UNLV and my car was still in the shop (and still is this evening). It looks like the kidney stone that's been in her left kidney for more than a year has started to move. It just seems so unfair to have to go through this now. We have a good supply of vicodin, which is helping this evening, but we'll have to get morphine if the pain gets much worse.

And, Prince has his surgery tomorrow. I'm very nervous about this and have concerns about putting him through it, but the rest of the family feels that he's up to it. He'll be in doggy ICU for a day or two and we hope he can come home late Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

You're right - I can't believe what you're saying - that girl has been through enough already!!

I seriously hope the pain is easing before getting to the morphine stage :(

Thinking of Prince today too (and you, of course!).........thank goodness Daniel is OK!!........Vx

Unknown said...

I hope that Adrienne is getting some relief from her pain, and that your family can catch a break now. Take care, and I'm glad that the fire is out. I"m such an Easterner, but California doesn't sound so appealing right now.

Karen, Clare's mom