Monday, December 08, 2008

Thank you

Thank you, everyone, for your outpouring of love and support. We've received so many messages and just haven't been able to respond to every one. Just know that it really helps us to know you're there. Adrienne reads every comment, so don't hesitate to leave a message. Sometimes people leave anonymous messages without a signature. If you don't have a blogger login, please be sure to sign your name so we know who's visiting.

Adrienne's pain continues to worsen. There's a node between the 8th and 9th ribs that's causing the main problem. Though small (2cm x 1.5cm) it's pushing between the bones. She also has a pleural effusion that causes shortness of breath. She was taking a continuous release morphine, which helps both problems, but that made her itch. Now she's alternating between Vicodin and Oxycodone every 3-4 hours but she still has breakthrough pain so I have a call in to the doctor to find a better alternative. She has finals this week and seems able to get her work done, plus she says studying takes her mind off Gus. We've been sharing memories of him the last few days and that helps a lot. Prince seems to have a new lease on life since his surgery so we hope that lasts awhile longer.

We leave for New York on Sunday. Adrienne has a PET scan Monday morning and then she sees the doctor in the afternoon. We really need what I call "the Owen O'Connor pep talk" right now, full of hope and options.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are simply amazing. Studying for exams?? With all this going on and the pain? You guys are such an inspiration to all of us out their with our own battles. I hope they can make that pain go a way and that you get that pep talk ASAP!!!
Thinking of you constantly,
Virginia from the NHL side of webmagic

Anonymous said...

Adrienne

I am thinking about you today and hoping for some better news.

You are amazing. Always. Just amazing.

A mommy

Heather said...

i'm sorry that adrienne's pain has been so awful. will pray specifically for pain relief and a great visit to new york.

you both amaze me. lots of love.

Veronica said...

Know that I'm thinking of you both daily.........wishing I could take some of that pain away. In awe of Adrienne's determination not to let this get the better of her.

SO much love to you both........yours helplessly, Vx

. said...

Stay strong and know that you remain in our prayers.

Fight 2 Win

Mary said...

Thinking of you during this time. Keep fighting on, Adrienne!

Mary from the Lymphoma boards

laulausmamma said...

Hi my friends...glad you are able to concentrate on your studying for final Adrienne. I know how important it is for you to finish up your classes in NV so you can graduate on time with your CM class.

As always you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

((HUGS))
Susan

Elizabeth said...

If the pain is fairly localized Adrienne might benefit from a Lidoderm patch. Has that been tried? It can be cut to fit the area of concern. Some people benefit from topical diclofenac (Flector or Voltaren gel), but I would try the Lidoderm first. On 12 hours, off 12 hours, on 12, etc. May take a couple of days to kick in, but worth a try.

It makes me feel ill knowing you are going through this. again. I lurk in the background most of the time, but I think about you and your family all the time.

Duane said...

Hope to you see while you're in NYC.

Justin and Petrina said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you head to NY this weekend. Hoping that Dr. O has a pep talk and that Adrienne feels better soon. Good luck with finals!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you guys and wishing for good news from the doctor next week. I hope he'll be able to offer something that will quickly get Adrienne back to feeling better.

Best wishes on your finals, Adrienne! Hugs to you both! Janet

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne,
Just checking in on you from the webmagic site. Thinking of you and am amazed by your tenacity!! Look @ you go studying for your finals...you are an inspiration, not because of your cancer but becasue of your CHARACTER.

Lots of support to you,
Carey

Anonymous said...

Alison and Adrienne,

Both of you have been such an inspiration to me throughout our journey. I feel so horrible that you, both, have to go through so much pain both emotionally and physically. Just know that we pray for you daily and you guys are always in my thoughts. Perhaps SGN will offer the answer you so desperatly search for. I will keep you in my prayers not only for a cure, but also a release from the pain as well.

Lots and lots of love and hugs,
Carrie Parr (carrie1979)

Anonymous said...

Alison and Adrienne,
You both have been such an inspiration to me. You strength and optimistic attitude are amazing. We pray for you guys daily. I feel so horrible that you both have to go through not only physical but emotional pain as well. I hope that SGN will offer the cure you so desperatly search for. I will continue to pray for a cure and relief from your pain.

Lots and lots of love and hugs
Carrie Parr (carrie1979)

Anonymous said...

Good luck in New York. Tom & I are leaving for honolulu early friday morning and will return late monday night. I have Adrienne's name on my event shirt.
take care,
Love, Deb