Wednesday, December 03, 2008

And the bad news continues

Adrienne had a CT yesterday and we got results this morning. Not good news...lots of progression and several new lesions. This all explains her pain and shortness of breath. We sure hope Dr. O has something wonderful to offer. We're also looking into radiation to palliate her pain. She's taking it in stride, telling me not to panic. Easier said than done.

We all miss Gus terribly. He was such a special puppy and we were looking forward to many more years with him. Caesar seems confused since they were good friends, playing together for hours on end. We'd like to get another puppy but are worried about what viruses are around here and being in NY a lot in the coming months so we'll have to wait for awhile.

14 comments:

Veronica said...

Just sending you all so much love and hugs........and hope for NY........Vx

Heather said...

i'm so sorry. i will pray that there is a treatment out there to get this awful disease back under control. and i'm sorry about the pups. sometimes life really isn't fair. =(

Anonymous said...

Alison and Adrienne,

You girls are very close to my heart. I'll be praying Dr O has a good plan in mind.

Jane Owen

Kelly Kane said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news! I hope NY brings some new possibilities.

XO

Unknown said...

Oh, this is not the news one wants from a CT, but I hope your medical people can work out a new plan to get the pain and disease beat back down.

Karen, Clare's mom

B. said...

Like I said in my email. My heart hurts for both of you -- and I'm here.

I wish there were more words to express how I really feel, and the pain, I wish I could take away.

Loving you both,

B

katmm said...

Damn - hang in there. One foot in front of the other and all that stuff. Let me know if you want to chat.

K

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about the bad news. You all remain in my thoughts and prayers. Janet

laulausmamma said...

My dear friends...again all I have to offer is my love, support and encouragement as you continue to fight this battle. You have great faith in Dr O'Connor...I'm sure he will pull out all the tricks he has to help Adrienne.

((HUGS))
Susan

Chris said...

Sending you both my support and prayers. I know things will get better and know Dr. O'Conner will figure out the best formula to make this happen. All the best, Chris

j said...

it has already been said....
love ya,
j

laulausmamma said...

You've both been on my mind all day...I feel an ache in my heart that you have so much to worry about. Hoping that all our prayers, love and support helps to bring about the treatment that will keep the nasty HL under control again for Adrienne.

((HUGS))and love as always,
Susan

Tonya said...

Awe, I am so sorry Alison and Adrienne. Your family is in my thoughts. I know Dr. O will help! He's my own personal hero. Big hugs being sent to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you guys today and wanted to share some e-hugs!