Friday, May 16, 2008

From Adrienne

I'm home from college and sleeping more than awake but this is a good thing because I'm catching up from the last few days of school. I'm losing weight from the cancer and you would think the process of gaining it would be fun but I feel like I'm force feeding myself. Mom is trying really hard to entice me with homecooked dinners and baked goods.

I'm seeing the doctor next Wednesday and hopefully I'll start the tests right away. I've always said that I've been really lucky in my treatment. Whenever I needed something, a new chemo, a new type of treatment, it has always been there and this trial might be another case. It's one of the few showing results in people like me and it just happens to be in Vegas where I had already decided to spend my summer.

My Grandma Joyce is in a lot of pain now and it doesn't look like there's much time left. We all hope that this won't last long and that she'll be at rest.

7 comments:

. said...

You remain in our prayers... Stay strong, stay focus and Fight 2 Win.

The Coco's

laulausmamma said...

Glad you are home and catching up on some much needed rest Adrienne. I hope and pray that your doctor's visit on Wed will be the first step toward the beginning of the next treatment. I believe in "meant to bes"...I hope that the trail being offered in Las Vegas at a time when you are out of school is one of them!

We're having our Relay for Life team fundraiser at Panera Bread on Tuesday evening...I'll be thinking of the pleasant afternoon we spent chatting there with you and your mom a few months ago.

Still have my fingers crossed that you both will be able to join the party in Boston in June.

((HUGS))
Susan

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, I have been following your progress and story for the last six months through the webmagic board and your mom. I am amazed by the grace in which you handle this disease. I stand in aw of how you just keep going with you school and your life. You are a wonderful example of what it means to truely live with cancer and I hope and pray very soon you have the chance to truely live without cancer. Thank you for sharing your story with us all!

Kelly Kane said...

Catch up on your sleep and eat when you can my dear! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Thinking of your grandmother too.

Stay strong.

XO

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the leisure time, Adrienne. You deserve it after school, chemo, and everything.

Your grandmother is in my prayers. I lost both parents to lung cancer and know all too much about that horrible disease.

I hope you can start the trial soon.

Janet

Duane said...

Thinking of you always, Adrienne.

You're a remarkable person, who has excelled, and I know there's so much more out there for you to achieve. Just think about it. You completed your studies while receiving the rigors of chemo. Just amazing!!!

Grad school awaits! ;) Rest up!

Love,
Duane

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you Adrienne! I hope your doctor visit goes well today and he can get your treatment started soon.

Huge hugs and talk to you soon,
Karen (T.O.G.)