Thursday, May 01, 2008

Touch Wood

Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I write how well Adrienne is doing, some of her Hodgkin's symptoms have returned including the itching and wheezing. It isn't awful right now but definitely there. At least the cough has improved. She took the Atarax for the itching last night and slept past noon today. Usually it calms things down for a little while so we hope that's the case this time. In the meantime, she's keeping busy finishing off the semester and planning the summer.

After a few hiccups getting records to the Nevada Cancer Institute, they have almost everything they need. Luckily I had collected some recent records for MD Anderson so I was able to fax those over. They still need some information about the clinical trials Adrienne did in New York but we should be good to go for Adrienne's appointment on May 21. At a visit to NCI today with our friend Karen, I saw Dr. Dang and am really excited for him to take care of her and Karen. I was very impressed with how familiar he is with her case already and feel totally at ease with him. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is extremely knowledgeable about lymphoma. I wish I had known about him when my dad was sick as he specializes in the type of lymphoma he had (T cell lymphoma) and has saved many lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've found a doctor you like, and that the logistics are working out. I hope A's symptoms are soon controlled . . . hope things continue well.

Karen, Clare's mom

Kelly Kane said...

I hope Adrienne gets thru these lil symptoms and has a good meeting in a few weeks. I'm glad you went with Karen for her appointment, I haven't talked to her in a month or so because I'm so exhausted when I get home from work and the darn time difference... anywho send her and Adrienne my love!

XO