Thursday, May 08, 2008

Good: Labs, Bad:Symptoms

Adrienne had a quick checkup and labs today. Amazingly, her labs look better than they have in a long time with HGB=12.2 and platelets=334. On the other hand, the itching is worse and the wheezing continues, not constantly, but it's still there. I asked Adrienne if she told the doctor about her symptoms, she did, and he said "oh sh-t" under his breath. You gotta love that doc.

The plan now is for Adrienne to finish exams next Wednesday and then I'll drive her back here to Las Vegas. She sees the doctor for the clinical trial on May 21 and we hope she can start within two weeks. Of course, she has to pass all of the qualification criteria but we're feeling pretty confident with her labs being so good. Hopefully her scans won't show significant progression of her disease.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like I'm sure many read your blog daily. Know that Adrienne is in constantly in my prays and I am humbled by her "I have cancer but cancer does not have me" Beautiful and amazing always come to mind when I read your blog. :-)

laulausmamma said...

Hi Adrienne...hope your final exams go well and then you can head back home for the summer break. We're hoping with you that you'll be able to start the next trial soon. Looking forward to our weekend together in Boston.

((HUGS)) Susn

j said...

good luck on the exams missy
j

B. said...

Gotta love those doctors, A, So sorry about the itching... Best of luck on all of your exams, and that big date of May 21st.

Hope everything can go as smoothly as possible.

Thinking of you and your momma every minute of everyday.

- B

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exams, Adrienne. I'm sure contending with the itching simultaneously is no small feat. Wishing the best for you during your next treatment,

Cliff

Duane said...

Congrats on the wonderful labs! :)

I'm sure you're going to rock those exams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!