Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cystoscopy - More Tests

Adrienne had the cystoscopy this morning. I won't describe the faces or noises she made, but I gather that it was quite unpleasant. She's feeling better now and went off to school on her own. When I say better, I mean better from the procedure, but not better from her bladder symptoms. The doctor actually showed me the inside of her bladder on a TV monitor. Some of it is normal but much of it is red and inflamed with some fungus looking stuff that I don't know how to describe. He seemed a bit perplexed but I think that might just be his natural demeanor. In any event, the next step is a surgical biopsy on Friday, October 23. At least she'll be asleep for that one. They're also running urine cultures to see if there's some other infectious process going on besides bacteria. In the meantime, Adrienne is off all treatment and will not be able to continue on the MGCD in all probability. What's next? I wish we knew but, of course, we're looking into other options.

Gus has been truly entertaining lately. He's up to a whopping 4 pounds but he acts a lot bigger. Curt calls him the house terrorist because he barks at the other dogs and then runs under the furniture where they can't catch him, making us all laugh. Last Friday, he was neutered and had his dewclaws removed. Now he's walking around with a cone that's bigger than he is. The vet's office also says he's adorable and they carried him around all day, even taking pictures. Adrienne is madly in love as are all the rest of us.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Urgh - poor Adrienne :( I really hope a solution can be found to this misery that she is having to endure. I am so frustrated for you regarding the trial. I know you'll be searching now for other options and I hope you find something suitable that will work wonders.........Vx

ps - we need pics of Gus!! Soudns like he's a whirlwind of happiness in your house!

B. said...

'Adrienne is off all treatment and will not be able to continue on the MGCD in all probability. What's next? I wish we knew but, of course, we're looking into other options.'

Damnit.

Let's do this. Let's have someone buy Adrienne and me fancy houses. One on the East Coast, one on the West, and possibly even a big mansion in Houston. And we just move from one house to the next, as trials open up. Mk?

Wouldn't that make life just a little bit easier. I'm so sorry A! That this is going on... hopeful that the pain, in some form, subsides.

Sending Love,
B

j said...

thinkin of you girls
no answers here...
just prayers
j

laulausmamma said...

Darn - hate to hear that Adrienne is off this promising trial : { I guess I just assumed that cultures have already been done since she's having bladder issues - hope that something turns up that might give a clue as to what's causing so much trouble for her.

New pictures of Gus are overdue...hope you'll update the family photo soon.

((HUGS))
Susan

Heather said...

what disappointing news. keeping you all close and hoping for brighter days.

Duane said...

I'm in agreement w/ everyone else here. This just blows....

Hoping that Adrienne recovers very soon and if possible, returns to her treatment. :)

Sending love ur way.