Monday, July 13, 2009

Miserable

Adrienne got the vinblastine last Thursday with little fanfare and no nausea. She didn't feel up to going to class that evening, but that's probably because Curt and I talked her out of it. Friday and the weekend were a different story. Between the mouth pain from the vinblastine and the bone pain from the neulasta, Adrienne has been absolutely miserable all weekend. She took as many pain meds as she could but you can only take so much and it wasn't helping. Last night, she finally got the right combo and was able to sleep but woke up early this morning hurting again. Since taking yet more pain meds, she's feeling a bit better now. I have a message in to the nurse to get some Magic Mouthwash, which should help her mouth pain at least. We can't tell if her former pain is gone yet because she's hurting so much all over. Hopefully this won't last much longer as she refuses to go to the ER for IV pain meds.

4 comments:

katmm said...

Aw Adrienne - hope you feel better quick - that's sure not the way to spend a summer weekend...

Hugs,
Kathy

Unknown said...

Oh, miserable indeed. I hope you can find the pain med balance that works.

Karen, Clare's mom

Ruty said...

Dearest Alison
My love and best wishes for a quick relief
Love
Ruty from the Holy Land

B. said...

My heart's with you two.
I'm glad A went to go get IV meds... later on, I just hope there is some relief soon, and the 'V' doesn't continue like this.

Damn I hate side effects.

Words seem worthless when I know you guys are in so much pain, just know... I'm here thinking about you two.

Sending tons of love, and pain-free days,

Bekah