Monday, July 06, 2009

More waiting

We're in a bit of a state of flux right now, trying to figure out the next steps. Adrienne's pain seemed to get a bit better when she started the antifungals but now it's back to where it was. She'll see the doc tomorrow and we hope to start her on something that's easily tolerated. We got confirmation that SGN-35 will be available in September but the dose might be too low to have any effect. We'll just have to wait and see what the trial looks like.

I've had my own little bit of "excitement" with vertigo, headaches, and stomach problems the last week or so. I totally forgot that I was hit in the head a couple of weeks ago with an enormous outdoor umbrella. My symptoms seem a bit better yesterday and today, with just some dizziness and blurred vision remaining. The doc said it could last a few months but I'm hopeful that this will be gone sooner.

2 comments:

Karen Melchar said...

Take care . . . hope your symptoms abate quickly, and that Adrienne's pain is manageable.

Karen, Clare's mom

Annie Johnson said...

I was just searching the web and discovered this blog. I'm a 27 year old who is on her 4th recurrence with nodular sclerosing Hodgkins after having 2 stem cell transplants and a host of chemo and radiation over 4 years. I'm fighting to graduate from college, and plan to do so next spring. People ask me regularly why I want to graduate so badly - why I don't just say, "forget it!" But if you give up your goals, aren't you basically saying that you give up on life? Thanks for the inspiration to keep pushing through and living life to its fullest, even though life with this disease can be so hopeless sometimes. I'll be praying for you as you keep fighting, girl!