Saturday, August 15, 2009

Still in NY

We are now staying in New York until Monday night. Yesterday, Dr. O prescribed a new pain killer for breakthrough pain as Adrienne was getting too much Tylenol with the Lortab. Our favorite NP, Ellen, called 11 pharmacies until she found one that carried the drug. Dr. O doesn't want to increase the dose of Oxycontin until he evaluates Adrienne's breathing on Monday as she has some shortness of breath from the pleural effusion and a new cough. In spite of it all, we were able to have some fun yesterday afternoon, seeing Julie & Julia, which we thoroughly enjoyed, even though we were sure that we were the youngest ones there. Well, Adrienne was the youngest and I was the next youngest. Yes, the crowd was full of old ladies. Still, we highly recommend it.

Curt has been keeping our spirits up with notes and photos from Moe. Here's a few that we particularly enjoyed.


"Mom & Ade, I decided to mark this bush so I could guide us home. It worked! Man 'm I hungry. I am having breakfast right now. Good luck today. Hurry home so we can go on the walk together. Ps.. I am the new 'Alpha.' My brother just wants to chase trucks. :) Moe"










"Mom & Ade, Wow! Do I feel better. I took the money Dad gave me for digging the hole for the Lantana and had a full body massage at Green Valley Spa. You gotta try it! Moe"













"Mom & Ade, Dad doesn't know how to make the bed. I had to tuck in everything! Moe"

8 comments:

Veronica said...

I think I might just have fallen in love with Curt - what a lovely guy!!! :0)

Hope you get to enjoy the weekend in NY and the new pain-relief is helping.........here's to Monday's answers............<3..........Vx

Anonymous said...

What a cute little baby that Moe is - Who could help but smile? :)

Hope Dr. O's latest plan is a winner and that Adrienne is feeling better soon!

Take care,

Lisa

Kelly Kane said...

Adorable!

Heather said...

hopefully the new pain med will relieve adrienne's pain. that would be so wonderful. and so glad that you got to have a little fun!

Kara said...

I LOVE Ellen.. she is great. Has he come up with a plan yet? Did you get the PET/CT results?

laulausmamma said...

Moe sure is a cutie...and how great that he and Curt send you notes and pics to cheer you up. They are both keepers : )

Hope by the time you read this the new pain relief med has kicked in and made a dent in A's pain. As always, sending "gentle" ((HUGS)) of support, encouragement and friendship.
Love, Susan

katmm said...

Moe is just so smart - what would we do without our puppies (and our guys...)???
Love and Hugs,
K

Whitworth Family said...

Glad Ellen was able to get Adrienne the new painkiller that she needs!

Adorable pics of Moe!! TOO CUTE! I'm sure Dr. O will come up with a great plan tomorrow. Hope all goes well with her visit and that you guys have a safe flight back to LV. Hang in there!