Sunday, August 30, 2009

ugh

Thank you to everyone for your emails and comments. I've been reading them all but Adrienne isn't up to it.

She's been on the BIPAP all day and they told me they may need to intubate later today as her lungs are too stressed. Adrienne wants to try to breathe on her own and is doing okay so far but they're keeping a really close eye on her breathing and sats.

The plueral effusions are stable but there's a lot of "infiltrate" in the lungs and they don't know how much is disease and how much is infection. The only way to know for sure is to bronch her and that's too dangerous right now. She's been running fevers all day so they're throwing everything they have at it and have added steroids too.

I've been talking with Dr. O and he's keeping in touch with the docs here. Everyone has been really nice, especially with my crying. I can't cry in front of Adrienne.

11 comments:

laulausmamma said...

Glad things are stable this morning. I'm going to give you a call in a little while. ((HUGS))

Susan

Veronica said...

Oh, Alison.......never have I wanted to be closer to someone in all my life - just want to give you so many hugs. You two have been through too much already, it's time for that miracle that we have been wishing for all these years......ugh indeed.
Thanks for updating us, I'm sure there are many like me who are constantly checking in for updates as we can't get the 2 of you out of our minds........love you both....the prayers continue......Vx

Anonymous said...

alison,
pullingpullinpulling for you all. and wishing i could comfort you both from afar.
laura from cleveland (we talked on the phone about sgn35 a couple of months ago; i'm the bmtx3).

Anonymous said...

Alison and Adrienne, prayers sent your way!! Good to know doctors are doing their best and hope you will be feeling better soon Adrienne!!

(((Hugs))
Gitte

Anonymous said...

Hi, if you need me for anything let me know. I know you probably have family support now, but if you want company, let me know.
love, deb

Anonymous said...

Alison

Thinking of you and Adreinne always and really realy hoping for a miracle for you both.
Annejohn

darlene said...

alison,
glad you are in touch with dr. o
know that there are so many of us thinking of you and holding you both in our thoughts. we are checking in constantly- and praying...
darlene- bekah's mom

Griffins said...

May God Bless and strengthen you all. We send our love and prayers and tell Adrienne Lil Phil says hi to her and the dogs :).

Again you are not alone in this so if you need anything we are here. Big Phil sends love to all and Curt!

Love
Griffin Family

Chris said...

Alison, don't know what to say except you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. I just read your last two posts and feel sick and in shock. Please give Adrienne a hug for me. I so wish she could just go home and this was just a bad dream... Please take good care of yourself.

Chris

Kate said...

Ahhh I am so sad that Adrienne is feeling so bad and having trouble breathing. I can't imagine how scary it must be for Adrienne and all of you. I am sending every good thought I have your way.

Anonymous said...

Alison,
Have been following your blog...lots of prayers, good wishes and great big hugs are being sent to you all.
With fondest Aloha,
Debra Chauvel