Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm ok

Since you asked, I'm doing fine. I'm eating and even sleeping with a few pharmaceutical aids. The hospital has fairly good food and, even though they don't allow food in the icu, they let me bring stuff in. Adrienne is on tpn so I don't think my food poses a risk to her. My brother in law, Kent, is here for a few weeks to help out too. Thank you so much, Kent. He even got to chase Caesar around the house this morning so he could get his bath.

I don't have much news on Adrienne since we've only seen the onc. She still has no white count and her liver numbers are up even more. Her breathing seems good so I'm hoping they can go down on the vent settings again today.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

It's good to hear that you are doing well, all things considered. And of course, still here hoping for good news for Adrienne daily. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep everyone posted. You are both amazing women.

Veronica said...

Amen, Bonnie!

Alison, I know you will take care of yourself because you practise what you preach ;0)
Know how very much you're loved, Supermom...........<3

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,
That's interesting about Sephardic Jews. My side is definitely Ashkenazi, but we don't know much about Dad's side. His grandfather was German, but we don't know about the Transylvanian relatives. Who knows what genes any of us are carrying. Hang in there.
Love,
Mom